Q: Q: Oil light

My oil light comes on when I first start my car or stopped at red light. The light goes away once I start driving. Oil pimp issue?

You would need to have the oil pressure tested with a gauge to see if the pressure is within specifications. A sending unit may be bad or you are low on oil pressure. The reason for this could be anything from a bad pump, blocked or leaking pickup screen, worn bearings, or low oil levels. I’d suggest getting this inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your Oil Pressure Light.

3. Q: Oil light