Q: Oil light

asked by on August 15, 2016

My oil light comes on when I first start my car or stopped at red light. The light goes away once I start driving. Oil pimp issue?

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You would need to have the oil pressure tested with a gauge to see if the pressure is within specifications. A sending unit may be bad or you are low on oil pressure. The reason for this could be anything from a bad pump, blocked or leaking pickup screen, worn bearings, or low oil levels. I’d suggest getting this inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your Oil Pressure Light.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr