Q: How do you operate the liftgate and liftgate window?

How do you operate the liftgate and liftgate window?

Your SUV has a rear liftgate that gives you access to the back cargo area. You can also use the liftgate window to access it (in a more limited way). There are controls for both the liftgate and the liftgate window available. Here’s what you need to know:

• Liftgate Window: To open the window, the liftgate must be unlocked. Press the button located under the edge of the license plate border (it’s on the right side).

• Liftgate: To get the liftgate open, you need to unlock it first. You can do this with the key or with your remote. Then press the button inside the liftgate handle and pull it up.

• Locking: To lock the liftgate or the liftgate window, you can use the power door locks or you can use the remote.

Tip

Always make sure that the liftgate and liftgate window are closed before driving. They can compromise the safety of items in the back, but you can also let toxic exhaust fumes into the car.