Q: Can I bypass power steering pump pulley on 2009 G6 - 3.5L with shorter belt?

My belt broke... because the pulley is very loose on power steering pump..... I'm trying to see can I bypass it for now with smaller belt

Depending on what type of engine you have in your vehicle will determine if the belt can be replaced with a smaller belt. If you have a 4 cylinder 2.2 Liter engine or a V6 3.0 to 3.9 Liter engine, the serpentine belt cannot be bypassed as the power steering pulley is at the top center of the engine and keeps the belt from rubbing on the water pump pulley. If your vehicle has a V8 engine and the power steering pump is at the lower section on the driver side of the engine, then the belt could be replaced with a shorter belt, but the power steering pump will need to be replaced. My recommendations are to replace the faulty power steering pump as the vehicle will operate properly when driven. If you need further assistance with your power steering pump, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Can I bypass power steering pump pulley on 2009 G6 - 3.5L with shorter belt?