Q: Gear linkage

I just replaced my slave cylinder and bled the system. Now I cant seem to het my linkage cables back on properly. My car can start and cycles through the gears but when I connect the link cable that goes on the transmission (not the shifter lever) it can only go up and down not side to side. (And my wheels spin in neutral)

This will have to be inspected and diagnosed first hand to resolve as it is not clear exactly why the problem exists and the relevant sections of the Factory Service Manual are several pages long, too long to reproduce here. To obtain a speedy resolution, please request service via YourMechanic’s shift cable/linkage service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Gear linkage