I'm trying to replace the engine coolant temp sensor on m...

Q: I'm trying to replace the engine coolant temp sensor on my 2007 ford fusion sel 3.0l v6. How do I install it? It doesn't seem to b

asked by on June 19, 2017

Im trying to replace the engine coolant temp sensor on my 2007 ford fusion sel 3.0l v6. How do I install the new part? The old part twisted and pulled out, and sat with the electrical connector straight up. The new one isn't clicking into place and is sitting at an angle. I'm assuming no tools are needed, as none were needed to remove it. How do I get it to click firmly into place, sitting upright?

The sensor is held in place by a spring steel clip. Normally, pliers are needed to pry the retaining clip out. The new sensor should seat square to the bore in the cylinder head. If the sensor is sitting square in the bore you can push the clip in by hand. If you cannot get the sensor to fully seat and replace the retaining clip, it is possible that the o-ring got twisted or damaged. O-rings should be lubricated with engine coolant to aid assembly. If you need assistance, please request coolant temperature sensor installation and a certified mechanic will resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.