Q: After my check engine light for my 2003 Honda Civic came on, I took it in and the code said it needed spark plug and ignition coil.

My 2003 Honda Civic has had issues such as transmission, leaks, and etc. However, when the check engine light came on, it stayed on and there is no flashing. I took it to the repair shop to get it diagnosed, and the issue was the spark plugs and ignition coil. After getting that fixed, I was able to drive my car. A couple of days later, my check engine light is back on. Is the problem something else such as the oxygen sensor?

Hi there. Check the computer for any other codes to see if the same code came back or if something else popped up. If the same code came back, then there could be an issue with the wiring to the ignition coil. If there is no issues with the ignition coil, then the wiring harness could have a break or short in it or the crankshaft sensor could be failing. If you are getting a code for a lean or rich condition, then check the following:

• One or more oxygen sensors could have stopped working
  • The fuel injectors could be dirty or damaged to not atomize the fuel properly
  • The Mass Air Flow sensor could be dirty or damaged
  • The engine could have a vacuum leak on the intake or the brake booster

If you need further assistance with your engine misfiring, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. After my check engine light for my 2003 Honda Civic came on, I took it in and the code said it needed spark plug and ignition coil.