Q: I have a convertible an I try to put the soft top down and it keeps saying manual only when it's a automatic

I have a convertible an I try to put the soft top down and it keeps saying manual only when it's a automatic

Hello there. When you see the manual only warning, this is telling you that the convertible top has experienced a malfunction and it will only work manually. Even though your car has a hydraulic top, it can still be opened and closed manually in case of a failure such as this. The owners manual will provide instructions on how to close the top manually if it is currently stuck open currently. The most common causes of a convertible top failure are the hydraulic fluid pump, or one of the various top sensors being faulty. When the top fails, it sets a trouble code to the car’s computer storage. This code can provide an idea of where the fault occurred. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.

• I have a convertible an I try to put the soft top down and it keeps saying manual only when it's a automatic