Q: Engine makes really loud noise like a motorcycle 1998 Lincoln Navigator

While I was driving my car I heard a loud pop and now the engine is making a really loud noise. It sounds like a motorcycle and it has a bad smell as well

Hi there - your symptom description suggests that an engine backfire in the exhaust has caused the muffler or catalytic converter to rupture. This would explain the noisier running and some of the smell you are experiencing. Check first to see if there are any problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. If the catalytic converter has rupture, an error code is likely to have triggered. I recommend a noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine makes really loud noise like a motorcycle 1998 Lincoln Navigator