Q: Replaced throttle position sensor,disconnected battery terminals to try idle reset,still no acceleration and high idle.

asked by on December 21, 2017

205000 miles original owner have replaced Throttle Position Sensor twice before. Replaced throttle position sensor,disconnected battery terminals to try idle reset,still no acceleration and high idle about 1450 rpm. Code I received before replacing TPS malfunction PO1118 . After replacing tps codes po123 tps high sensor A, tps po222 tps sensor B circuit low, po1178 electronic throttle system motor battery voltage open and po1118. Any advice or options? Thank you

Hi Jeff. Thanks for sending your question today. Since you’re receiving multiple codes that essentially are related to the same components, I would first recommend resetting the codes correctly, by having a professional mechanic access the OBD-II from the ECU with a digital scanner. The connecting battery cable deal often causes more codes to pop up and can fry the ECU in some cases, so I really would recommend against trying this again. If the codes are reset and the TPS programmed correctly, and this issue still exists, then it’s likely that the throttle body itself is the reason you’re having problems.