2006 Chevy Impala....reduce engine power and service trac...

Q: 2006 Chevy Impala....reduce engine power and service traction control are coming on now very often. At first it was like once a we

asked by on November 13, 2017

Service traction control and reduce engine power

Hi Ericka. Thanks for contacting us today. Both of these warning lights typically indicate that a mechanical fault exists in the driveline (meaning transmission or differential). It’s possible that they are being triggered by the same component failure, but it will require an on-site warning light inspection to determine the exact source of this problem, so the right repairs can be made.