Q: Rpms stay the same after letting off gas pedal

asked by on November 18, 2017

My rpms stay up after releasing the pedal and accelerate on its own. For example i will drive to 3500 rpms and let go of the gas pedal. Instead of completely falling the rpms will drop to about 2000 i can still hear the engine and then after a while of no gas it will fall to about 1500 and then jump back up to 2000 rpm on its own without me pressing the pedal. Sometimes it will stay sometimes it will fall back down. Thanks in advance i have a 2007 chrysler sebring 2.4L automatic transmission.

It sounds as if your transmission may be malfunctioning. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified transmission specialist to determine the exact cause of this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr