Q: Ac/heater does not nt blow, all lights work and can hear fan engage

The ac/heater in my car was making a strange sound and eventually stopped blowing. All the lights work and the fan can be heard engaging. If I switch between ac and heater, the vented in air changes, so I assume temperature controls are fine. Rear defrost has also stopped working but again all lights work. Ive change both fuses marked ac relay, coil and compressor, both were 10a fuses. What else could the problem be?

If the blower motor has stopped turning, the motor itself could be faulty (they do occasionally fail) but there is also the possibility of a faulty blower motor resistor block or a fault in the wiring to the blower or the ground connection. To resolve this issue, the recommended service is a blower motor diagnostic/replacement. Rear window defrosters are typically resistance wire elements glued to the inside surface of the window. If there is power to the element but it doesn’t work, there is a wire break and those are repairable. If there is no power to the element, the circuit is simply traced to find the cause. If you request the blower motor diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will be happy to deal with both issues and address any other concerns that you may have as well. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Ac/heater does not nt blow, all lights work and can hear fan engage