Q: HID headlight flickers

Hello. There is a problem with the headlight in my car. HID headlight was flickering. I had the bulb replaced. Although the bulb is new, my headlight still flickers. What could cause this? I appreciate your help.

If your vehicle has HID headlights, they will also have a part that is connected to the bulb called a ballast. The ballast controls the temperature at which the HID bulb burns. If the ballast is malfunctioning, this can cause the light to change color, flicker, or not work at all.

I would recommend having this diagnosis confirmed by a qualified technician through an inspection of your headlight issue. The manufacturer may have released a diagnostic procedure for testing the ballast.

It is also important not to touch the HID bulb with your bare hands. The technician would ensure that no hand oils come in contact with the HID bulb while the ballast is being replaced.

3. HID headlight flickers