Q: Power steering - 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

Power steering pump failed. Best money option is to get a shorter belt. What is the belt size after the power steering pump pulley delete?

Hi. It is very difficult to tell you size of the belts that would needed to eliminate the power steering pump without measuring some things on the car. If I had to guess, you may need a belt that is 2-4 inches shorter than the original belt. Your local part store may be able to help you get a shorter belt by using the length of your old belt. You could also take a rope and put it around the pulleys you want to use and get the size that way as well. If you need assistance with a power steering pump belt replacement, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to service your car.

3. Power steering - 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix