Q: Power steering - 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

asked by on October 19, 2016

Power steering pump failed. Best money option is to get a shorter belt. What is the belt size after the power steering pump pulley delete?

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote

Hi. It is very difficult to tell you size of the belts that would needed to eliminate the power steering pump without measuring some things on the car. If I had to guess, you may need a belt that is 2-4 inches shorter than the original belt. Your local part store may be able to help you get a shorter belt by using the length of your old belt. You could also take a rope and put it around the pulleys you want to use and get the size that way as well. If you need assistance with a power steering pump belt replacement, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to service your car.