Q: Hard shutter or vibrate at turning low speeds

My issue is I have a heavy shudder or vibrate when I am turning, and in reverse. This only happens at 0-5mph and I do not feel this over that speed. I recently had the CV joints, balls joints, and new brakes bads, and rotors, replaced about a month ago. Sometimes it is very noticeable, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. When I feel the shudder if I give the car gas it stops. Or if I stop turning the steering wheel it stop the vibrating.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the issues started after the work that was most recently done, you want to verify that those repairs were done right and are holding. If the vibration and shaking were present before hand, you want to turn your attention to the power steering system and its linkage. The power steering pump is powered off of the drive belt, so you will want to verify that the drive belt is supplying enough hydraulic pressure (and doing it steadily) when you are turning. Turning at low speeds takes the most pressure (because it takes more force to turn at low speeds), and you also have less power being supplied by the power steering pump (due to the low RPMs). The pump may be going out and struggling to supply the hydraulic pressure needed to correctly help you turn. You may also have a problem with the linkage. Only further inspection will tell. If you need more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.