Q: tail light wont work brake light will

My brake light went out on my ford explorer. I went to replace it and now only the brake light works and not the tail light. The bulb is a two in one. lights the brake light and tail light. tried replacing the other bulb on the right side it didnt change anything. checked fuse and it wasnt fried.

You need to look at the front parking lights to see if they work with the parking lights on. Check the #11 15 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box to see if the fuse is good. If it is blown, then try to replace the fuse and turn on the parking lights. If the fuse blows again, then remove both rear bulbs and put in another fuse and see if the fuse blows again. The short may be in one of the bulbs you put in or one of the sockets that are shorted. There is a parking light relay in the relay module under the dash if the power does not turn on. Have a mechanic diagnose your rear lights if you need further help with this.

3. tail light wont work brake light will