Q: Car jumping when letting off gas

When slowing down in my car, or when speeding up and then letting my foot off of the gas pedal, sometimes I will feel something jump pretty hard a few times. It shifts fine, so I don't think it is the transmission.

A: Greetings. Your described symptoms sound to...

Greetings. Your described symptoms sound to me as the cause might be a broken engine or transmission mount. Gasoline engines generate a lot of torque and the mounting system keeps the engine and transmission under the hood! A weak or broken mount allows extra movement where the engine and transmission can jerk under load or decelerating, just like what you’ve described. Have a mechanic, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, check all of the engine and transmission mounts to pinpoint and replace any mount mount that is failing.