Q: Car jumping when letting off gas

When slowing down in my car, or when speeding up and then letting my foot off of the gas pedal, sometimes I will feel something jump pretty hard a few times. It shifts fine, so I don't think it is the transmission.

Greetings. Your described symptoms sound to me as the cause might be a broken engine or transmission mount. Gasoline engines generate a lot of torque and the mounting system keeps the engine and transmission under the hood! A weak or broken mount allows extra movement where the engine and transmission can jerk under load or decelerating, just like what you’ve described. Have a mechanic, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, check all of the engine and transmission mounts to pinpoint and replace any mount mount that is failing.

3. Car jumping when letting off gas