Q: VVT oil control valve part number needed so I can replace the part.

2000 Toyota celica gts 2ZZ engine. I want to replace the VVT oil control valve, aka cam timing oil control valve. Is part number 15330-22020 the right part, and can the same part number be used for the left and right side (I think they are referred to as I (injector) and L (lifter), ie. VVT-i and VVT-l). I tried (a mistake) to use part number 15330-22040 and the left side (seemed to) work; the right did not.

Hi there. The part numbers that you have provided are for the left and the right. There is a difference in the two parts as they operate slightly different from each other. It is best to take the parts to your local parts store and have them cross reference the parts to get your replacement parts. You may even have to make a visit to a dealership or a OEM parts store. If you need further assistance with your variable valve timing solenoid replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.