Q: wont go faster 35mph

my car wont go faster than 35mph and my screen says to decompress brakes and how do you decompress brakes

If the Check Engine Light is on this would be helpful as the codes that would be triggered by this would generate useful information relating to the problem. Without the benefit of hooking the car up to a scanner and downloading the fault codes, it would be tough to say, but from what you are describing, it sounds like potentially a faulty camshaft sensor(s). There is typically two of these and either of them could cause this to happen. These relay the position of the camshaft relative to the opening and closing of the exhaust valves. If either of these sensors are faulty this will trigger the symptoms as you describe. I recommend having the car looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the loss of power firsthand and help you decompress the brakes as necessary.