Q: What does the Cruise Control indicator light mean in a 2012 Honda Civic?

What does the Cruise Control indicator light mean?

A: If your car is equipped with cruise control...

If your car is equipped with cruise control (most are, but some models are not), then you’ll have a couple of different lights related to the system. One of those is the Cruise Control light. If this shows up on your dash, here’s what it means:

1. It means that you have set the cruise control system for a specific speed and it is now active. Hitting the brakes, or turning the system off will turn the light out and you will manually control the car’s speed.