Q: My car is taking a lot of water and smoking when opened up??

Hi guys I bought a vw golf 5 gti Manuel bwa 2008 car has downpipe and exhaust that's all.. My question is why is the car taking soo much of water every day And car has no water leaks

A: If the car is using coolant and you can&#39...

If the car is using coolant and you can't find any leaks, it must be going out the tailpipe; and that would certainly explain the smoke. But it could also be that the coolant is leaking and evaporating just as quickly, leaving no spots under the car. It's not hard to detect coolant in the exhaust, just stand behind the car with the engine running and give a sniff. Large amounts of coolant in the exhaust has a very acrid smell and will literally bring tears to your eyes. Smaller amounts can almost smell sweet. If you have coolant in the exhaust, that has two possible sources. You could be having head gasket problems, which are usually accompanied by overheating, or you could have coolant leaking into your turbocharger through the turbocharger cooling system. It would be a good idea to have this checked out soon, either scenario can lead to more engine damage if you let it go too long. By contacting YourMechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office and check your cooling system and advise you on the next move.