Q: Windshield wipers not working properly

asked by on February 09, 2016

My windshield wipers don't work properly.

Wipers are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The windshield wiper switch actually contains 3 switches internally which send a coded input to the wiper motor processing electronics in the wiper motor assembly defining the mode and speed at which the wipers operate. In the wiper motor assembly there are 2 internal relays that operate the wipers at various speeds. A malfunction in the either the wiper switch or wiper motor electronics will cause improper operation of the wipers. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to read and interpret the wiring diagram and also have the equipment to diagnose and determine the exact cause of the wiper malfunctions.