Q: I have to park my car with hand break. Park doesn't work !

My car won't "grab on" to the park gear. It's an automatic and the shifter is in between the seats (I know there's a word for that) and when I park it rolls back as though it were in reverse so I got used to pulling the hand break and turning it off like that. When I go to start it I have to shift down to neutral because it won't start on P.

A: You will need to have the shift cable ends ...

You will need to have the shift cable ends inspected for worn out bushings. The shifter is not putting the transmission all the way back into park. You may have to replace the shift cable or if the connectors are okay then you may have to adjust the cable if it has the adjustable type. The most likely cause is worn out bushings.