Q: Compressor failed on 2010 Equinox. Need to replace compressor, what other parts need to be changed at same time?

Compressor failed on 2010 Equinox. Need to replace compressor, what other parts need to be changed at same time?

A: Depending on how the compressor failed, it ...

Depending on how the compressor failed, it would be wise to replace the condenser as well. This cools the refrigerant as it leaves the compressor. You may want to also replace the expansion valve which is what is responsible for regulating the flow of the coolant. If you need these replacements done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to replace your condenser and expansion valve as necessary.