Q: The transmission seems to go into neutral when I stop ,then I turn off the car then restart and I can go again until I stop

Auto trans goes into neutral all of a sudden when I stop,I turn off car ,then I can go until I stop again,I have to keep turning off the car and restarting it ,is my transmission bad or do I need a sensor or something?馃殫馃槙

A: Hi there. If it starts working fine once yo...

Hi there. If it starts working fine once you restart the car, then chances are it is not the transmission failing. Most of the time, this is caused by a valve sticking in the valve body. They tend to get caught by debris or because the valve body has warped. I usually remove the valve body and inspect it. Once it is clean, if everything seems to function fine, then I reinstall it. If not, then I replace it. You really should have a transmission specialist take a look at it.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籗ave up to 30%