Q: The transmission seems to go into neutral when I stop ,then I turn off the car then restart and I can go again until I stop

Auto trans goes into neutral all of a sudden when I stop,I turn off car ,then I can go until I stop again,I have to keep turning off the car and restarting it ,is my transmission bad or do I need a sensor or something?🚗😕

Hi there. If it starts working fine once you restart the car, then chances are it is not the transmission failing. Most of the time, this is caused by a valve sticking in the valve body. They tend to get caught by debris or because the valve body has warped. I usually remove the valve body and inspect it. Once it is clean, if everything seems to function fine, then I reinstall it. If not, then I replace it. You really should have a transmission specialist take a look at it.

3. The transmission seems to go into neutral when I stop ,then I turn off the car then restart and I can go again until I stop