Q: 2008 Crown Victoria drive in Reverse but not Forward.

asked by on December 16, 2017

My 2008 Crown Victoria suddenly wont move forward if I put the gear in the revers it moves perfectly but when I shift to 1 or 2 or D it is like the gear in N.

There is no noise or little clunk like usual. it's just don't move forward

I have strong believe that it it is problem of gear clutch but I feel that the car is too good to have transmission problems and there were no warnings. also the car in excellent condition

The car is 2008 Crown Victoria with an automatic transmission and it has 120000 miles.

I would recommend having your shift linkage inspected by a qualified professional to determine if it is functioning properly. If your shift linkage is broken or misadjusted, this can cause the vehicle not to engage into drive when the shift lever is moved into d. If the shift linkage is not the cause of this issue, it is possible that internal transmission damage or a shift solenoid could be the issue. At that point I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a transmission specialist.