Q: It's in drive but won't budge, only moves forward in Drive3 2002 Ford Explorer

My explorer was driving fine one minute, then in an instant locked up and wouldn't budge. I dropped it into 3, and managed to pull into a parking lot. The transmission was rebuilt 2 years ago. It revs high Rpm's while in drive but wont move. Any advice is appreciated

Hi - most likely the overdrive sprag (a one-way clutch) in the transmission is slipping, and must be replaced. It must work properly for any forward gear to work. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• It's in drive but won't budge, only moves forward in Drive3 2002 Ford Explorer