Q: This morning Engine Light, Traction Control Light, and Electronic steering light is on.

Woke up this morning, started the car and Engine light, traction control light and Electronic steering light all lit up. Car started fine and seemed to drive fine. It's 32F outside if that has anything to do with it. I noticed while driving to the store that the economy light that is supposed to shine green when your being a good driver also never turned green when I was coasting down a hill.

A: Hi there. The "good driver" light...

Hi there. The "good driver" light will not come on if there is a fault detected in the engine controls system; the other lights can accompany the check engine light as well, but there may be an additional cause for the power steering light. When the engine computer detects a fault in any system of the drivetrain, it sets a code and other systems can be affected by this. The others systems usually set codes in their computers that refer to engine computer communication has stopped. Have the codes checked and proceed with proper diagnostic steps from there. The codes are not a diagnosis, but a guide to the system that has the fault. Having a qualified technician perform an inspection will avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.