Q: If one tie rod is bad on my 2005 Toyota Camry do I need to replace both of them.

asked by on May 24, 2017

After taking my car into the checked out for a problem in the front passenger tire I was told that the outer tie rod needed to be replaced . one mechanic told me that I could replace one and not have to do both and another mechanic told me that I needed to do both at the same time even though there was nothing wrong with the driver side tie rod. which is correct?

Tie Rod End Replacement $115.28 - $556.12 Get a Quote

Hello. Though it is good to have balance in your steering system and it is good practice to replace parts on both sides at the same time, you do not need to do that. You onlt need to replace the part that is actually faulty. Once it is replaced the vehicle will need to be aligned. If you are going to have this tie rod replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your tie rod] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/tie-rod-end-replacement