Q: Amount of A/C refrigerant required for my Hyundai Santa fe 2002 GLS

I have hyundai santa fe 2002 GLS 2.7 L engine. I am going to replace my leaking A/C compressor, condenser and related components. I do not know how much refrigerant I need to use to recharge the system after replacing the new parts. So my question is, what is the amount of refrigerant I should buy?

A: It should have a sticker under the hood sta...

It should have a sticker under the hood stating the amount of R134a to be 1.35lbs or .6kg. You should put about 1 oz of A/C oil in the condenser and the compressor should have the amount it needs on the compressor or in documentation with it. Make sure to use the correct amount of oil or it will fail. Most compressors take between 6 to 8 oz of oil. The oil is specific to the compressor and will be needed to do the job. If you need help replacing your AC compressor, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your location to install the part for you as well add the correct coolant.

Recommended services
Get a Quote