Q: My my 01 pt cruiser died while in reverse backing up what could cause this?

asked by on March 10, 2018

Var died while being in reverse in the middle of backing up

There may be a couple different causes and would first need to see if problem was caused by the transmission or the engine. Have the transmission and engine scanned for stored codes to see if there is an internal transmission valve body issue where it is trying to go into reverse and forward gears at the same time requiring the valve body to be replaced or the transmission has leaking internal seals and would need to be overhauled or replaced.