Q: Metal on metal scratching sound.

asked by on June 12, 2017

When I was driving into work this morning at around 10mph my car made a very loud metal on metal sound. I was not braking only going in a st right line. the noise was very loud and a lot of people looked at me. the noise is from a VW 2016 with 15k miles on the clock. Thanks

Grinding noise when braking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This could be a number of things such as brake pads that could be sticking or possibly a heat shield or other component underneath the vehicle that could be loose and dragging on the ground. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr