Q: Emissions solenoid

I have a Chevy Colorado the check engine light came on. My husband put the code reader on it. It read emissions solenoid issues... would that cause the truck to not want to go in reverse... although it does drive in reverse you have to put it in drive then reverse again to back up to where you need to be... he cleared the code and the engine light has not came back on since. And that was last night

A: The emissions code may have been due to a l...

The emissions code may have been due to a loose gas cap. As for the reversing issue, the transmission shift cable may be worn and not going into reverse until you move past it and back into reverse. Check both ends of the shift cable to see if the connector on the end is bad and replace or repair it as needed. If you'd like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue and let you know what needs to be done.