Q: my rpms remain around 2500 rather than dropping down to the normal 500-1000 idle speed

My car idles too high...unless I almost stall it to bring the rpm's down. I read about the trottle position sensor and I don't think that is my problem.

A: An intake manifold vacuum leak is likely th...

An intake manifold vacuum leak is likely the issue with your VW. Have a close look at all vacuum hoses that connect to the intake manifold. The large hose that connects to the brake booster is a suspect. Listen closely for hissing sound, too.

If you need assistance with this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your high idle and make the necessary repairs to get it fixed.