Q: The steering wheel is stuck in the locked position.

The steering wheel is stuck in the lock position. No amount of turning or maneuvering will unlock it and allow the ignition to turn. How can I get it unlocked?

Steering wheel does not turn car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Try turning the steering wheel left and right and turning the ignition key to the ’ON’ position. With a good tug, the ignition should turn and the steering wheel will free up. If the steering wheel does not free up, then the steering column lock is not working. Then you would have to remove the steering wheel, airbag, horn, and the turn signal switch to reach the lock. If you need further assistance with your steering wheel, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.