Q: The high temperature cooling fan keeps coming on when the car is in park or driving. The temp rises until I start driving then it decreases.

The high temperature cooling fan keeps coming on more than usual when it's in park and while I'm driving. The temperature rises until I start driving and settles back to the half mark. I changed the thermostat, but the fan keeps coming on longer than it should be.

This could reflect a circumstance where the radiator has slowly developed a partial blockage over time due to sediment and corrosion. Other possibilities include a defective radiator cap and partially collapsed radiator hose (typically lower). It is possible for a change in engine operating conditions, for instance lean operation and retarded engine timing to cause overheating as well as exhaust restrictions. There are other obvious possibilities to check out such as low tire pressure, and dragging brakes. However, I would first evaluate the radiator. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I suggest having your car looked at by one of our mobile technicians who can come to your home or office to diagnose your cooling system.

3. The high temperature cooling fan keeps coming on when the car is in park or driving. The temp rises until I start driving then it decreases.