Q: Battery dies out after a few days and everything checks out fine

Hello. My car runs fine and I use it moderately. I drive to work on week days and sometimes during the weekend, and it has no issues with the engine turning on or anything similar. The issue I have is with the battery. The car has a completely new battery, but it happened that it died out once when I went to a trip that lasted about 5 days. I had to buy a new battery as the last one was totally unresponsive. It unfortunately happened again so I took it to a mechanic and had the battery tested as well as alternator and all works well. He couldn't find anything wrong. Do you have any idea what causes this and how to fix it? Thanks.

A: Sounds like you may have a parasitic draw t...

Sounds like you may have a parasitic draw that is taking down the charge level on the battery. The vehicle has a process by which the computer in the vehicle are shutdown to prevent draining the battery. Sometimes a faulty computer or circuit can stay active and will not go into this "sleep" mode and drain down the battery. Generally, the vehicle will have to be placed in conditions to fall asleep, and then one-by-one, fuses are removed to find the circuit keeping the vehicle electronics awake. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to locate and correct the electrical draw.