Q: Truck will not go into gear.

Truck was being driven in four wheel drive recently and the truck stopped in the middle of the freeway. When I tried to take it out of four wheel drive it became stuck, and would not go into gear.

Transfer case fluid is dirty Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The shift linkage inside the transfer case may of broke or came loose from driving the vehicle on the highway in 4x4. I have seen entire transfer cases destroyed inside from driving on the highway locked into 4x4. I recommend you have a mechanic with qualifications inspect your transfer cases to see what happened.