Q: Vibration in floor 1992 Buick Roadmaster

Got new tires and noticed a vibration in the seat. Had tires road force balanced and no difference. Switched the backs to the front to see if steering wheel shakes and it did not. Also had all 4 brakes done and front shock absorbers replaced. Wondering if this is driveshaft or universal joint. I do hear a clunk when switching into reverse. What do you think?

Universal Joint (U-joint) Replacement $89.27 - $475.86 Get a Quote

Hi there - yes, this is a driveshaft issue. It could be a worn u-joint (front), or a worn driveshaft bushing in the transmission tailshaft housing. Either of these would cause loose motion and vibration from the driveshaft such as you are experiencing. I recommend a u-joint replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this problem.