Q: Fuel pump will not stop running when the engine is turned off

The electric fuel pump is running continually when the motor is turned off and will not stop. In order to keep the battery from running down, I have disconnected the negative post.

It sounds like you have an intermittent short in the control circuit of the fuel pump relay. It may be easier to just remove the fuel pump relay when you stop the car instead of removing the negative terminal each time, as I’m sure you’re probably doing a bit of damage to the terminal when re-tightening it each time. I would not recommend leaving it loose either, as it can affect many electrical systems in your car, as well as run the risk of damage from electrical arcing. This is a potentially dangerous situation and should be looked at very soon by a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic.