Q: Can I reset the computer and if so how?

I just replaced a leaking radiator with a new one on my 1997 dodge stratus but the check engine light won't turn off. I just want to know what I need to do next.

A: Hi. The radiator shouldn’t make the Check E...

Hi. The radiator shouldn’t make the Check Engine Light come on if it is bad. Your Check Engine Light is on because there is a sensor in your engine sending a bad message to the PCM. To solve this problem, the engine code stored in the PCM needs to be retrieved by a capable scan tool and then diagnosed and repaired. For further help, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check Engine Light and move forward with appropriate repairs.