Q: Front transmission seal is leaking. Quoted $700 to fix it, with a 30-day warranty.

asked by on October 01, 2016

Is this a good deal for this type of work?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a pretty good deal for this sort of work considering that the whole transmission will have to be removed from the vehicle in order to replace that seal. This labor is even more difficult if the vehicle is four wheel drive. If the transmission were already removed, this repair would only take about 10 minutes to do. The majority of the labor is due to removing and replacing the transmission. Removing and replacing a transmission can often take several hours to do so I think that the price you were quoted is a reasonable price. Hope this helps and best of luck!