Q: Self replaced radiator in jeep liberty 2002 with air, hoses are good but coolant leaking from right side.... ?

asked by on September 03, 2017

Just replaced radiator, coolant is leaking from top passenger side of car. Coolant observed in both hose and overflow tube,but does nor appear to be getting to the radiator

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Trapped air can prevent normal flow of coolant. As you refill the coolant, be sure any available air purge valves are open; that prevents air from being trapped. Once the system is refilled, if you have a leak, the source can be at a hose, radiator, water pump, etc. or sometimes a leaking intake manifold gasket depending on the engine design. External leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr