Q: I am looking to Turbocharge my 2008 Chevy Cobalt with manual transmission.

asked by on October 14, 2016

I am looking to add a turbo to my 2008 Chevy cobalt with manual transmission. I don't know much about cars or how i should go about it. Any insight or advice will help. Thanks.

Hello. It is indeed possible to turbocharge this vehicle. Adding a turbocharger will definitely increase your horsepower. The main thing you need to keep in mind is that this will put added stress on the engine. Due to the mileage you have, the added stress can cause failure of many of the internal parts of the engine. If you add a turbocharger at this mileage it can last for a while but it is important that you are vigilant as to an engine failure. Unfortunately there is no way to predict this. Before installing the turbo I would do a compression test to see how the engine is internally and if it is fine then you can install this. If you want to have the compression tested on your car, consider YourMechanic, as certified mechanic can come to your home or office to do this test.