Q: ABS Light is on - 2014 Dodge Charger

My abs light keeps coming on and off.

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system, which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely.

Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty, working intermittently and sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to determine what is at issue with your ABS and traction control system.

3. ABS Light is on - 2014 Dodge Charger