Q: I have a 02 Ford crown Victoria and it ran and drove fine until a little while back. I was at the gas station getting gas and noti

I have a 02 Ford crown Victoria and it ran and drove fine until a little while back. I was at the gas station getting gas and noticed the oil light was on and there was a slight ticking noise. As the oil was 2 quarts low not paying attention I put 2 quarts of 10w 30 in to fill. The car originally calls for 5w 20. Every since then when accelerating there's a rattling noise coming from the drivers side valve cover and i have no power going up hills, very low compression... Could it be a stuck or collapsed lifter? Or could it be the type oil I put in the car and should do a complete oil change

Hi Torrey. Thanks for contacting us today. The ticking noise is often caused by a lack of lubrication of cylinder head hardware. So, if you are two-quarts low, it’s likely that the valve lifters are the source or have come loose due to excessive heat build-up. I would recommend changing your oil and filter and fixing any oil leaks to see if this noise goes away. If it continues, then it’s likely that the lifters need adjustment or there is damage to them.

3. I have a 02 Ford crown Victoria and it ran and drove fine until a little while back. I was at the gas station getting gas and noti