Q: Power steering not working in a 2003 Acura CL

asked by on February 14, 2016

The power steering in my car is not working. I am not sure if it is the pump, hose, or something else.

Commonly in your car, there is an o-ring on the power steering pump that will, over time, get brittle, and leak. When this happens, the pump can suck air into the power steering fluid and cause the fluid to aerate, or get lots of bubbles in it. When this happens, the pump cannot maintain hydraulic fluid supplied to the power steering rack. This will cause you to not have power steering. I would ask for assistance from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to help get your power steering problem fixed.