Q: Exssesive fuel consumption

my 2008 toyota sienna is consuming way too much fuel... I don't see any leaks anywhere, what can the problem be? pleaseeee help!!

If you are suddenly having poor fuel mileage then you should also have a Check Engine Light illuminating. The light will most likely be indicating a problem with a sensor like an O2 sensor or a mass air flow sensor.

If you do not have a Check Engine Light on then you may just need to do some vehicle maintenance that will help the vehicle get better mileage like: replacing the air filter, cleaning the mass air flow sensor and throttle body, replacing spark plugs and make sure all the tires have correct amount of air every month. These simple services can increase your mileage if maintained on a regular basis.

If you’d like to get the car looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your potential Check Engine Light or perform any of the aforementioned maintenance tasks as necessary. Good luck!