Q: My car is overheating while driving for long.

Hello sir/mam,

My car is Hyundai i10 2007 model. Last month I recognised that my car started overheating while driving for long distance and when I stepped outside my car I could see coolant on the floor but the coolant does not leak while the car is parked or running for small distances. Mechanic is not able to find any leak in the hose. Please assist
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is possible that the overheating itself is causing the radiator pressure cap to open prematurely, causing coolant to overflow from the coolant reservoir onto the ground. Consequently, the overheating problem should be diagnosed and resolved first to see if the leak goes away. Common causes of overheating include a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. Once the overheating problem is resolved, if the leak still exists the relevant service is an engine cooling system leak diagnostic. External leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, head gasket, water inlet or outlet housing, and so forth. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.