Q: Car died while driving, slowly lost power to gas, steering and brakes

I was driving up a street and my car all of a sudden slowly lost power to brakes, steering, and gas and just simply shut off. I was able to start it back up and get it around the block but then it did it again. By then trying again was pointless, the start up and go a few feet gap had become shorter I think. So then I just had it towed, I asked triple A and they no idea either. My car has a kill switch of some sort on it which makes me think the theft button/kill switch (I don't know) has gone bad and was thinking maybe I stole it.

Hi Hallie. More often than not, when you have this type of problem, it’s mechanical in nature - meaning that a fuel or ignition system component has broken as opposed to a security system issue. If you are unable to start the vehicle now, or it starts for a few seconds and stalls, it’s likely the fuel pump or electrical component that powers the fuel system. Since there are multiple possible sources, it’s probably best to first have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection at your location, so they can identify the root issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Car died while driving, slowly lost power to gas, steering and brakes